On June 7 at the Glen Club in Glenview, Illinois, Tutoring Chicago hosted its annual “Read the Greens” fundraiser. Wentworth Financial Communications founder and head financial writer Scott Wentworth volunteered as a tutor with Tutoring Chicago for seven years and joined the board of directors in 2013. So he decided to round up a team of golfers to hit the links for a great cause.
Team WFC’s lineup:
- David Lewicki, founder and lead trainer of Adventis CG
- Terry Navarro, co-founder of JNJ & Associates
- Steve Wentworth, Scott’s dad and corn and soybean farmer
- Scott Wentworth, founder and head financial writer of WFC
So what did this fearsome foursome shoot? To find out and to see photos from a great day on the golf course, check out the slide show below.
Support Tutoring Chicago
Each week Tutoring Chicago provides free one-on-one tutoring for about 500 kids from disadvantaged neighborhoods across Chicago. There are two great ways you can get involved and help support Tutoring Chicago:
- Volunteer as a tutor – feel great knowing that you’re supporting an awesome cause!
- Donate – feel great knowing that you’re supporting an awesome cause … and save on your taxes!
Stay connected with WFC
What’s the only thing more exciting than blog posts about amateur golf? Blog posts about financial writing and content marketing. If you want to get tips on how firms throughout the financial services and legal industries are using newsletters, white papers, blogs, social media, and other forms of content marketing to grow their businesses, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
About the Author
Scott Wentworth is the founder and head writer of Wentworth Financial Communications, a firm that creates content marketing and thought leadership for financial services firms and law firms. Scott has been involved with Tutoring Chicago since 2005 and trying to fix his golf swing for much longer than that.